How to Dress For Your Special Portrait
Don't let your clothing take over your portrait
Let the people be the stars of your portrait
Some suggestions for making your portraits beautiful and timeless
1. If you only follow one rule this is the one. SOLID COLORS ARE BEST. BUSY PATTERNS ON CLOTHING ARE DISTRACTING. The colors don't have to be matching but they should be coordinating. Dark colors take off pounds and light colors add pounds.
2. Medium to dark shades create a timeless look and will make you appear more slender.
3. Make sure your shoes match your outfit. They might show in some poses.
4. If you are weight conscious, long sleeves help to create a thinning look
5. Don’t be afraid to accessorize, such as colorful scarves or hats. accessories can be a great way to add more personality.
6. There’s really no such thing as a “wrong” wardrobe choice if they absolutely love what they’re wearing. What’s most important to us is that your session with us is comfortable and enjoyable.
7. If you have young children, pick a time of day when they are most likely to be awake and happy.
8. The lighting is best in the early morning or evening. Try to avoid getting your portraits done mid-day.
Click On Photographs To Enlarge
Breaking The Rules
The old adage "rules are made to be broken" sometimes even applies to photography. Don't be afraid to do something different for a special occasion